COVID - 19 Policies and Procedures
Due to the current situation in our local and global communities, Quinn's Massage & Wellness has introduced a few new policies and procedures in order to keep our practitioner and clients as safe as possible. While we plan on adhering to these to the best of our ability please be aware that due to the close contact nature of massage, there is a risk of disease transmission. If you are concerned about this risk or in a compromised state please consider rescheduling your appointment to a later date.
Policies for Clients:
1) Clients must wear their own face mask upon entering the studio and keep their mask on for the duration of the appointment, only removing once they have left the studio.
2) Clients must wash their hands immediately upon entering the studio. Hand sanitizer will also be available at the front desk.
3) Clients will have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer.
4) Clients must fill out a COVID-19 health intake and must be able to answer NO to the following questions in order to continue with their scheduled appointment:
Have you traveled outside the state of Alaska in the last 14 days?
Have you recently had a fever of 100 or higher?
Have you shown any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, including shortness of breath, coughing, or other flu like symptoms?
Have you recently been in contact with anyone who has shown COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for the Coronavirus?
5) Clients must place all belongings in the plastic hamper that will be provided for them.
6) Clients are asked not to touch anything in the treatment room that is not necessary to their appointment.
7) Clients are asked to bring their own water with them to their appointment.
Protocols for Therapist:
1) Therapist will wear a mask for the duration of the appointment. Mask will be changed with each client.
2) Therapist will wash their hands before and after each session and immediately after handling any payments.
3) Therapist will schedule clients with a minimum of 1 hour between each appointment to allow for adequate cleaning time and disinfecting of the treatment room.
4) All soiled linens will be properly cleaned and taken out of the treatment room at the end of each appointment. Therapist will wear gloves while laundering these linens and also disinfect the laundry receptacle after each use.
5) The treatment room will be thoroughly disinfected between each clients. All items touched or used by either client or therapist will be wiped down and disinfected. This includes but is not limited to the table, face cradle, bolsters, door handles, chairs, oil/lotion bottles.
Again, we would like to remind you that even with all these policies and procedures is place, due the close contact nature of massage therapies, there is a higher risk of transmission for the COVID-19. If you begin to experience any of the Coronavirus symptoms within 14 days of your massage PLEASE contact us immediately so that we take appropriate measures to stop the spread. If your therapist starts to display any symptoms related to COVID-19 we will contact you immediately and close the office.
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate this situation and enforce what we understand to be the best safe practices at this time.